Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A Cemetery, Leatherlips, Dancing Bunnies, and the Scioto River















One morning while I was in Ohio last week I decided to wake up early and go out to shoot some scenes around Dublin. I started out at Scioto Park, where I took some shots of the river and of the Chief Leatherlips statue that I've seen so many times. We used to go sledding in this park in the winter and my church has a picnic there every Memorial Day. Next I headed over to Balantrae (sp?), a neighborhood that did not exist when I lived in Dublin. I saw the creepy dancing bunny statue last year and have wanted to photograph it ever since. Right across from the neighborhood is a really small, old old cemetery that I've driven by a thousand times and decided to photograph for the first time last week. Although I got up early to shoot in early morning lighting conditions, the light didn't change a whole lot over the two hours that I was out shooting. There was cloud cover just above the horizon, so I was lucky enough to not have to race the light. This was the first time in a long time that I've been out shooting on my own and I really enjoyed it. Here are some favorites.

2 comments:

threewinks said...

Hey Nat, LOVE these! I especially love the first 3. They feel so quiet and peaceful, with beautiful composition and colors. You are so awesome! We need to go shoot like that around here to get our creative juices flowing!

Brandon Moon said...

These are wonderful. You really have a cool talent. unlike mine. (fastening buttons)