Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Ohio Saga. Part I: Airplane Fun!

Ahhhh... plane rides with children. Could there be a worse combination than toddlers and a 3 hour trip in a hunk of metal in the sky? Crammed in with 100 other people, strange smells (I think it was CornNuts), and several screaming children (not mine, thank goodness). Crew and Ral are pretty good at cruising altitude, if you want my honest opinion. They are seasoned pros when it comes to travelling. But the usual tricks didn't work on our flight to Columbus this time. When I got out the dvd players and gave them the choice of all the 30 movies we brought, they didn't watch for more than 30 minutes. Ugh. We had to be all sorts of creative. Crew and I had a funny face contest, Ral and I played "Airplane Ghost" with those wonderful blue blankets (thanks Delta!), and finally, as the images below illustrate, we played with the random assortment of toys that I threw in the diaper bag last minute. I had no idea that Spiderman's preferred mode of transportation is a little fluffy dog named Snowball. (P.S. Yup, it was CornNuts! Thanks people in front of us.) Little did I know, the flight home would be much worse. Well... not so much the flight. More the 12 hours that we spent in the Cincinatti airport waiting to catch some standby seats. Thanks, by the way, to all the wonderful people of Cincinatti. So many people did so many nice things for me on that horrible day. Who knew those folks were so nice? Not me!








No comments: